Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gettin' crafty

OK, so ever since we found out we're having a little girl, I was so excited to make a few things. One of which can be for boys or girls, but I knew I already had a bunch of girl ones made. A few years ago I started a little project (that didn't get far)to make these little baby beanies for hospitals. I had made a bunch and then for some reason or another, stopped. So I thought it was a very appropiate time to get these out again and make more since so many people I know right now are pregnant. I thought it would be a fun thing to do and a cute, easy little gift. Also because most everyone is due the end of summer, so it's perfect timing for winter. So here are just a few I have done. I already gave some away too.

The other crafty thing was what I was most excited for. A few months back, I went to a friends baby shower (Diana) and a friend had made her a bunch of interchanging "brain squeezers" or baby headbands. They were so cute and so much more practical than the ones you buy at the store. Heres why: each band/squeezer is it's own color (brown, white, black) and then it has a little loop hole area where you can interchange any personaly made color bow or flower on it to match whatever outfit she is wearing. So I called Diana and told her I wanted to make some. So we had a crafty day and made a few. Here are just a couple, cause I already gave some to a friend at church. I'm still in the process of making more for myself as well as another friend who just found out she's having a little girl too. They are so easy and very inexpensive. So much fancier than the ones in the store too! YAY for little girls!

No comments: