Monday, May 18, 2009

Not the kind of houseguest I like

WARNING: THIS IS A POST ABOUT NASTY BUGS AND SUCH, SO IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH OR CAN'T STAND READING ABOUT NASTY STUFF, THEN DO NOT READ THIS. I'M MOSTLY POSTING THIS FOR FOR MY OUR RECORDS, BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ ON IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT!


OK, so last night we came home from a late night dip in the pool. It felt so good! We had been swimming earlier in the day as well since it was SO hot, but it was the perfect thing to do to cool off before a shower and bed. So we come home and I jump in the shower. A few moments later I hear the faint voice of my husband calling me. I said, "Are you calling me? I can't hear you. Come in here so I can here you."
"We have a problem" Bud said.
"What do you mean we have a problem? Come in here and tell me. What are you talking about"?
"I'm coming" he said.
I stood there wondering why it was taking him so long to get to the bathroom. What is he doing, I thought.
He comes around the corner very slowly and says, "Look at Son's water bowl"!
At first I was looking all around and didn't know what I was looking for. Then I saw it!! A bunch of little white worms were wiggling in his water! GROSS!!!! I was so grossed out and freaking out not knowing what them were or where they came from.
I immediately was so concerned for Son because I thought for sure they had to have come from him. But how? I told Bud to go look through Son's poop and see if there was anything in there. He might have had worms! How they would have gotten in the water bowl? I don't know, but we needed to search everything!
I finished up in the shower and went to help investigate. Mostly that consisted of me telling Bud where to look and to take everything out. Since I wasn't about to touch anything cause one, I'm pregnant, and two, ew! There was no sign or anything anywhere else. We found one worm on the counter, but it was from when Bud set the water bowl up there. We put it in a bag and I began to really look at it. IT WAS A MAGOT(sp)!!!! NASTY! How in the world did they get in here and how did they get in his water bowl? I was so astonished by this and did not understand! We are very clean people so it's not like we let something go rotten and they started feeding off of it. Ew, the whole thing still gives me the heebie geebies!
So this morning I called the Vet in worry that what if he licked one up while he was drinking. The Vet told me that what sounds like happened was that a fly came in and laid some eggs. And because it was in an area that is mostly undisturbed, they hatched and that's how they got there.
I'm happy to know that nothing is wrong with him and it's ok if he accidentally ate one.
This, oh course, does not remove the grossed out feeling I have and the urge to go through and completely disinfect my entire house! So gross.
I love house guests, but not that kind!

No comments: