Monday, March 30, 2009

Finding out the Sex!

Ok, so we just got back from our doctors appointment and this is what went down:

*My OB said that we'd be making our appointment today to get our "formal" ultrasound!

*I'd be doing a blood test to test for Down Syndrome and other defects.

*She measured my belly and said, "wow, this baby is big or something", because she felt where my uterus was at already and usually it's a little lower at this stage. Big baby or not, here it comes!

*I've only gained 2 pounds! That's in total from the beginning of my pregnancy! Let's do this every month! That would be great! And then 2-3 pounds a week the last month...that's only a weight gain of 16-20 lbs! That would be awesome!

*We made our appointment for next Friday, April 10TH at 2:30!! We'll be finding out the sex and seeing just how big it is. Right now my due date is still September 7Th, however, if they see that the baby is bigger than what it should be at that many weeks, then they will change my due date to an earlier date.

We're so excited to find out! We thought we were going to have to wait another 4 weeks and to us, it would seem like an eternity. So we're happy to report that it will be sooner than that! Woo-hoo!!! So for your view pleasure, here is an update on the size of my belly at 17 weeks.

2 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Cute belly! And that is exciting that you get to find out next week! wow time flies!

The Ross Family said...

I can not believe you are already 17 weeks. Crazy how fast it has gone. Probably not for you though. I can not wait to find out what you are having. So exciting!! Love you girl!