Saturday, February 13, 2010

5 1/2 months going on 2 years

OK, so I just have to mention a little something that our little Izzy has learned to do. We got it on video and I took some pictures, but 2 things: One, I need to reload my camera stuff to my computer and see if it works now, and two, I can't ever get any of my videos to load on my computer. So those will just have to wait, but I'll describe this in as much detail as I can so you can picture it all.
OK, so as the three of us were sitting on the couch the other day just enjoying some time together, we had Izzy in the middle sitting up with the boppy behind her, dad on on side and me on the other. She started to arch her back and scoot down so she was laying on her back. Once she was on her back she then rolled over onto her tummy. THEN, she started to scoot backwards until she had her legs hanging off the couch and then she pushed with her arms to drop to the floor onto her feet! Can you believe it?? We thought it was just a fluke thing until we sat her back up and she continued to do it over and over again. That's when we decided to get the camera. I can't believe my 5 1/2 month old is doing all these things before she even knows how to balance! I say all these things, because she know the concept of walking too! We will hold her hands and she will be flat footed on the floor and start taking steps without us pulling her or anything.
So now our daughter can get off the couch by herself the right way, but she doesn't know how to balance yet so she just falls over. I don't know how to help her get better at her balance other than just continuing to hold her and help her balance. I've been practicing with her sitting up by herself. She's doing really well. Not too much longer and she should have the hang of it for good. I wanted to be able to have her 6 month pictures of her sitting up. So hopefully we can still reach that goal!

No comments: