Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Ball Bloopers

OK, so our new church was having their 2nd annual Winter Ball this year and Bud and I decided it would be so wonderful to go. We got our tickets and couldn't wait for the big day. It was being held at a HUGE mansion where there was valet parking, a catered dinner, games and dancing. The night came and Bud got dressed in his nice suit and I put on the dress I wore for our wedding rehearsal. We got in the car and set off for our fancy evening. We were so excited! We arrived at the grand gates of this mansion and pulled in and around the fountain in front of the giant sparkling glass front doors! It was so beautiful! We got out and walked inside to this grand entry with cured stair cases on each side and a wonderfully lit Christmas tree in the middle. They had tables set up with candles and garland. It was so romantic in there. We grabbed and seat and started chatting with a few people waiting till dinner. The food was then ready and boy was it good. As we finished, they announced that they were going to be playing a game and each table was a team. The game was a talent show and each table had to come up with a talent. The more people that participated, the more points we got. So we had kind of a dud of a table. We couldn't think of anything good enough. As time went by and the closer it got to be for this game to start, we noticed that half our table had dissapered. What the heck! So Bud and I didn't want to be called and with nothing, so we went outside into the heated tent where the DJ was set up. As I stood out there, I thought we were being spotted so I sat down really fast on a bench. Apparently I had eating a nice amount of that delicious food because right at that moment, my zipper popped open. You know, the kind of dress where the zipper in on the side! Yeah! Popped right open. I turned to Bud with my month wide open in shock!
He said, "What?"
"You have to fix it!"
"Fix what?"
"MY DRESS BROKE!"
"Oh my gosh, are you serious?"
So I told him all he needed to do was zip in down and back up again. Problems began when the zipper would not go down!
So we had to sneak out of the tent into the backyard to get to the bathroom because otherwise I would have to walk by EVERYONE in order to get to the bathroom. So we get in there and we still can't get it. So I end up having to take my dress off so Bud can get a better hold on fixing it. So there we stand in the bathroom, me naked and Bud trying so hard to get this zipper to move. We were in there for a good 10-15 minutes trying not to make too much noise. All of a sudden we start hearing footsteps walking towards the bathroom, then...jiggle the handle. We thought, "oh great! We have to hurry up. We don't want our new church to think the newlyweds got it on in the bathroom at the Winter Ball!" After about 20 minute, we finally got it up and I was able to get dressed again. So then we were just hoping we would be able to both walk out of there with out anyone seeing us! Oh my gosh it was the funniest thing. For the rest of the night I made sure I didn't sit down. We stayed for a little dancing and fun and then we ended up going home. It was a really fun and entertaining night!

2 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

HAHAHA! That's great. Well, not that your dress broke, but hilarious.

Leeann said...

Lots of laughs and good memories for sure! I'm glad nobody walked in on you naked!