Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Surprise, Surprise


After weeks of Bud "complaining" that he's never had a surprise party, and me telling him he just wasn't going to get one because "I'm just way too busy", I successfully threw him TWO surprise parties. He turned 25 on Friday the 24th and that night I had all the family get together at Outback (Bud's pick), and surprised him when we walked in pretending to be a party for 2. We walked around the corner and there was all our family with balloons and a song! He was totally surprised! Success #1 complete!

Surprise #2 came the following day and I knew he really wouldn't be expecting ANOTHER suprise. I had his friend help me get him our of the house to go "hang out with the boys". This party was at our place and was with all our friends! It became a little crazy when we didn't know how to get him back home. He thought I was out at a Pampered Chef show and he wanted to stay out. He did not want to come back home. So after much pushing and tugging, his buddies talked him into going back to the house and ordering pizza and hanging out. For some reason, he called the house and my friend Rae answered it. She ran outside telling me that it was him and right then and there I had to come up with a reason why I was at home. "Well, the show was canceled and my director forgot to tell me, so I just came back home". "Who answered the phone"? "Oh that was Rae. I didn't want to be here by myself, so I invited her over". Nice save! He thought nothing of it and then proceeded to let me know he was on his way home and they were going to order pizza. "OK, see ya in a little bit". As he walked through the door, everyone yelled surprise and blew noise makers! (I made sure to make it like a little kid party. It was awesome!) He was so shocked that I had threw him, yet, another party! Even more surprised that I kept it a secret the whole time. He couldn't get over that. I told him he got a 2 for 1 deal and that he couldn't complain anymore! It was a blast and we all had a great time! Success #2 Complete!

No comments: