Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our new little boy

The other day, I was in a meeting and when I was done, I looked at my phone to find 20 missed calls from my husband and numberous texts. I thought, "What in the world is going on"? So I read his last text that said, "Babe, I have a new friend that is at my parents right now and I named him Gizmo"! I though, oh great, what is it this time? So I called him and he proceeded to tell me the story.
Bud works with a company that cleans up and remodels forclosures. He went to this one house that day that was abandoned and he saw this box. When he walked up to it, he noticed a bowl of water that was almost empty and a bowl of cat food, also almost empty. As he looked around he found three kittens. Teeny tiny kittens. He decided to bring one home. So this is Gizmo! He is about 3-4 weeks old and has the cutest little personality. We took him to someone who could tell us how to tend to this little one, because he is so little that we have to bottle feed him. Not only that, but I learned I had to stimulate him to go to the bathroom. GROSS. OK, OK, it's not the stimulating part I've found to be gross, but the fact that he doesn't go when you stimulate him to. He's peed on our bed now 3 times! The first time was right on our duvet and down comforter, so I had to wash both of those. The other two times was last night. We make him his own little cave out of his blanket and last night it was as if he didn't even wake up, he just peed! Thank goodness the blanket he sleeps in doesn't absorb so it didn't leak through to our sheets. So after I took that one and put it on the washer in the middle of the night, I replaced it with another blanket that is just the same. This morning when I woke up, guess what? Yup, a puddle of pee in his little cave. Man, I'm doing a lot of laundry! I can't wait to get him on a routine. So here he is. Isn't he cute?!






Like father, like son!

5 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

that kitty is so tiny! how cute! Hope the potty -training goes well!

Marissa

I'm glad i know about your blog!!!

The Ross Family said...

He is adorable. Good luck with it all. And I love your blog, i will be checking it often!!

Erica said...

Awe, I just want to cuddle with your little baby. So cute! You guys look so happy together, congrats on the marriage.

Diana said...

Ya Britt, I just got finished reading all of your blogs and I love them! Good work throwing BOTH surprise parties and that kitty is to die for!

Janelle said...

This kitty is so darling! Thanks for coming over to my blog!