Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bud made a blanket! And my first break down

OK, so I'll start first with my breakdown. Sunday night we went over to Bud's parents house for dinner. We ended up watching two movies, one of which was Marley & Me. I won't give anything away just in case some haven't seen it yet, but it's a sad movie towards the end. Once the real sad stuff started, I totally lost it! OK, so it's a sad movie to begin with were anyone would cry or at least shed a few tears. I usually try my best to hold my tears in so only a few shed. OH NO! Not this time. It was SO bad that I started hyperventilating!!! I could not breathe! At one point, Bud had this terrified look on his face like I was dying. I started choking! Weird thing was, was that I was done crying but I couldn't catch my breathe for like 40 minutes! So, thanks hormones!

OK, so yes, you read the title right. Bud made a baby blanket. He made Izzy's first Fox Racing blanket. I think we're going to make it her special blanket. He picked all the fabric out, made the fox head and letters (With some help from yours truly), but he sewed everything on! Everything! Boarder and all. So, it's pink fleece on the front with a brown, pink and white striped cotton backside. The fox head, letters and boarder are made with that quilting fabric. It's not at all professional or anything, but we think it's pretty fabulous. He's wants me to make sure it's known that HE made it for his daughter. I was aloud to help with cutting and pinning, but was NOT aloud to sew ANYTHING. It was funny getting "the talk" when he thought he was going to have to leave me alone for a little while. I didn't touch anything. So here is so footage of his project and the finished product. Oh and Son thought he was a big help too.









1 comment:

Mina said...

LOVE the blanket! Kudos to Bud!! Seriously. And I TOTALLY understand the breakdown. I have TOO many stories that are exactly like this one! You're not alone. It didn't take me long to stop watching ANY sad movies or read any emotional books.