Thursday, October 15, 2009

I know, I know...It's been too long

OK, so I have totally been slacking. I have a few good excuses though, but all in all, I'm bummed I haven't been blogging more. So here is an update.
We took a quick trip up to Tahoe the beginning of the month for a wedding. What a wonderful weekend to go too because we were there for their first snow! There must have been about 6 inches of snow. Izzy was alseep for most of her first trip to the snow, but we took plenty of pictures.





We had a good time and shorty after we returned home, I got sick. I got the flu real bad. Luckly, not swine flu, and also, Izzy was SO good while I was sick.
She is such a snuggler, which is totally cute, but makes it hard when you need to get some things done and she just wants to be held. But while I was sick, she let me lay her down next to me and she would just look out the window and coo or take really good naps.


She has started smiling and "talking" more which has been so much fun. She has also developed really good head control. It's not mastered yet, but it's really good and the doctors say she's awesome! She is so dang cute and we don't know what we ever did without her.





Her hair is slowing lightening up and her eyes are taking their sweet time determining their color. At this point they are looking like they will either be green like her daddy's or possible hazel like my dad's. I'm thinking they won't be turning brown just cause they are on the lighter side. Which is ok with me cause I wanted her to have green eyes anyway. But they are just doing their own thing right now.
We started having some tummy time on the Boppy and she has really been enjoying that and it gives me a few minutes of free hands to get some things done. However, she has some quick, strong legs and loves to kick them. During one of her tummy time sessions, I looked over to see that she had kicked herself over the front of the Boppy. I laughed so hard. She didn't seem to mind, but boy was it funny.



She has FINALLY gotten back up to her birth weight (6 weeks later). Right before she was 5 weeks she was weighing in at 9lbs 10oz and a week later she was 10 lbs 4oz. She's a growin girl now!
I think that's about it on the updates. I'm feeling a lot better now and thank goodness Izzy didn't get sick. All is well in our little family now!

2 comments:

The Ross Family said...

Beautiful family and great pictures. I am so glad that she is such a good girl. It makes it so much more enjoyable don't you think!?!

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

She is getting so big! Glad you are feeling better, and glad that Izzy didn't get sick. She is a doll!